MG3 TROPHY CHAMPIONSHIP CONCEPT
MG unveiled the MG3 Trophy Championship concept car at the MG90 event at Silverstone in June 2014.
The MG3 Trophy Championship concept, based on the current MG3 production vehicle platform and created to highlight in-house engineering, design and calibration capabilities by SMTC UK at Longbridge, continues the MG tradition of club racing.
- 204 BHP 152 KW (increased from 106PS)
- Torque 250 Nm (increased from 136 NM)
- Boost 1.0 Bar
- 1.5 Vti Tech engine
- Full body-lightening programme without compromising on stiffness
- Limited slip differential
- Fully adjustable Macpherson strut front set up
- Bespoke anti-roll bar
- Adjustable front splitter
- Twin plane adjustable rear spoiler
The racing concept was created solely by a team of engineers, managed by Vehicle Engineering Specialist Adrian Guyll, and based at SAIC Motor’s state of the art European Design and Technical Centre (SMTC), located alongside MG Motor UK at the Longbridge site in Birmingham.
MG are looking at feedback to take the concept forward with the aim of fine tuning the Trophy Championship concept as a successful trophy race car. Any specific enquries can be raised directly with Adrian via email Adrian.Guyll@saicmotor.co.uk