Watch The Video
MG HS Plug-in Hybrid in Whaplode Drove, Near Spalding Lincolnshire
The MG HS Plug-in Hybrid is the ultimate urban family car. Capable of driving on 100% electric power for up to 32 miles, it’s powered by a 1.5 turbocharged petrol engine and a 16.6 kWh battery which powers a 90kW electric motor. These produce a combined 254bhp and return up to 155.8mpg combined. EV mode lets you drive on electric alone, and around town you’ll use no petrol at all unless you want to.
There’s a 10-speed automatic gearbox and an electric handbrake, as well as MG Pilot with adaptive cruise control, traffic jam assist, blind spot monitoring and lane keeping assist to semi-automate your journeys. Upmarket features like an electric tailgate, and leather upholstery are available as standard.
What's the Difference?
HS Excite £31,095
- MG Pilot
- Leather steering wheel
- Leather style upholstery
- Keyless entry with push button engine start
- 6-speaker audio system
- 10.1" colour touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay™
- Android Auto™
- Bluetooth connection
- Electric driver’s 6-way adjustable seat with lumbar adjustment
- Passenger’s 4-way adjustable seat
- LED daytime running lights
- Silver roof rails
- Bi-function projection headlights
- Dual zone air conditioning
- Rear parking sensors and 360° camera
- 18" Hurricane diamond cut alloy wheels
- Rain sensing wipers
- DAB audio
- Satellite navigation
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Full digital driver information display
- Heated front seats
HS Exclusive £33,595
Excite plus ...
- Panoramic opening sky roof
- Bi-Function LED headlights
- Front and rear LED sequential indicators
- Leather upholstery
- Sports style front seats with one-piece back
- Heated electric driver’s 6-way seat with lumbar adjustment
- Heated electric passenger’s 4-way adjustable seat
- Ambient lighting
- Metal sports pedals
- Power tailgate
The MG HS Plug-in Hybrid is a perfect combination of style and utility, with 18” alloy wheels, LED headlights and silver roof bars. All models have leather upholstery, a 10.1” touchscreen and a full digital driver’s display. Exclusive models have ambient lighting.
With 258bhp and 370Nm of torque on tap, the MG HS Plug-in Hybrid is a seriously impressive SUV to push on with. In EV mode, you can drive on electric power for up to 32 miles and you can charge the battery to 100% in 3 hours using a Type 2 fast charger.
Exclusive models get an electric tailgate, and all models have keyless entry and start. The 448-litre boot is big enough for family road trips and there are roof bars so you can install a roof box. Both rear outermost seats have ISOFIX points.
Living with it
The 10.1” touchscreen has Apple CarPlay & Android Auto and sat nav. There’s a 360 degree camera to help you park and MG Pilot to automate your journeys. The MG HS Plug-in Hybrid is smooth and responsive to drive with all the kit you need.